Sunday, December 2, 2007

RSS retrospective

I deliberately wanted to leave this blog entry until I had received RSS feeds for a substantial period of time and my reflections were considered:

In what cases do you think RSS will be useful?
For users of news type services, web pages and blogs if the services are stable and reliable, updates are made regularly and not incessantly, and the interest of the user is sustained over a period of time

For you?
A useful way to keep a watch on library trends - I tend to look at posts occasionally but not regularly

For our users?
Useful for updates - a good way of promoting new services, trials, or resources
A different way of providing alerting services

What makes it different to email?
Only what I want to read , when and if I choose to read it
No spam!

No comments: