Monday, December 3, 2007

The final countdown....

Some final thoughts on the 23 Things programme:


What have been the highs and lows of the 23 Things for me?
Highs
Talking about 23 Thing with others
Discovering some exciting new tools I can use to help manage information
Finding some interesting blogs about library trends
Getting to "play" with new technologies

Lows
What is this obsession with having "friends"?
Managing all of my multiple identities
Second Life menace with limited vocabulary
Having a photo of myself added to a social networking page by another 23 Things participant without my permission and very much against my wishes


Where to next with emerging technologies?
For me?
Contemplate, consolidate, reconsider, be objective
Retreat from networks I am unlikely to use again

For libraries?
Review, evaluate, validate, implement, review, evaluate...

No comments: